A financial/civil thread runs through Tim’s professional and academic experience, with a significant proportion of his litigation having had an insolvency-angle. Tim is proficient in property and planning disputes, contractual disputes and contentious estates/trusts. He also has experience in personal injury cases. He has been involved with corporate governance issues, investigating corporate embezzlement and securing both civil injunctions and compensation/confiscation orders. He can perform both contentious and advisory work.
Tim is a member of the Government Legal Service Civil “C” panel.
On top of his legal experience Tim holds the following credentials:
• An insolvency qualification in corporate insolvency (CPCI).
• A banking qualification (Professional Banker’s Certificate).
• A Master of Laws (LLM) in commercial dispute resolution (The City Law School)
• Additionally, Tim has a Business & Management primary degree.
Called to the Bar of Northern Ireland.
CPCI (Insolvency Practitioners Association).
Professional Banker’s Certificate (Chartered Banker Institute).
Qualified as a solicitor of Northern Ireland.
Bar Vocational Course, Inns of Court School of Law, London.
Bachelor of Legal Science, Queen’s University, Belfast.
B.A(Hons) in Business (Major) with Japanese (Minor)
• The Honourable Society of the Middle Temple (2005 +)
• Chancery Bar Association (NI)
• Proceeds of Crime Lawyers Association (POCLA)
• Previously, Belfast Solicitors Association committee member.
Tim’s experience allows him to tutor at Queen’s University Belfast in Property Law. A module co-ordinator for civil litigation, he has tutored trainee-lawyers in both branches at the Institute of Professional Legal Studies (IPLS).
School Governor at Methodist College, Belfast. HR & Salaries Convenor.
A former chancery solicitor (traditional & commercial) who worked on these sample cases: