Administrative Law or Judicial Review
I have been in practice since 2004. My pupillage was with an experienced criminal defence Master. My principal areas of practice are criminal defence and family law (Children (NI) Order 1995).
2003;LLB (Hons) - Queen’s University Belfast
2004;Certificate of Professional Legal Studies (Bar exam) - Institute of Professional Legal Studies (QUB)
I have been conducting criminal defence cases since 2005 in the Magistrates’ Court, the Crown Court and the Court of Appeal.
|Since 2011, I have also gained comprehensive experience in Children (NI)Order matters, in the Family Proceedings Court, the Family Care Centre, the High Court and the Court of Appeal. I also have experience in challenging public authority decisions by way of judicial review proceedings, human rights’ injunctions and incompatibility challenges.|
- R v Brown and ors  NICA 14
- TG v A Health & Social Care Trust and Others  NI Fam 5
- McNally, Re Judicial Review  NIQB 80
- Re JR 78  NIQB 93
- McNally, Re Judicial Review  NICA 20
- X v Y  NI Fam 5
- Re JR 92  NIQB 67
- A Father v A Health & Social Care Trust & A Mother  NI Fam (27th May 2022)
- In the Matter of SV, FV, & GV v PV & A Health & Social Care Trust & The Department of Finance (Re Children (Northern Ireland) Order 1955) (Rev1)  NI Fam 11*
*Awaiting judgment from NI Court of Appeal.